Not in my name

I have just had the misfortune of watching Labour's Party Election Broadcast for the local elections.

It mentioned not one policy. When I say not one policy, I don't mean that it refrained from mentioning Labour policies and attacked the policies of other parties. It didn't even mention the BNP, which even Margaret Hodge seems to think important. No, it had a cartoon chameleon to illustrate that David Cameron changes policy. It wasn't even funny - it treated watchers as children. I still don't know if it was some attempt at a joke. I have no objection to negative campaigning - attacking opposition positions is necessary - but this is pathetic. Pathetic, as in deserving of pity because someone thought this would be a good idea.

The basic message of the broadcast was that Labour doesn't like David Cameron. Firstly, what a surprise; secondly, attacking policies by attacking the person ends up decreasing turnout. Oh, and he calls himself Dave, and should therefore be shot. It does not surprise me that people don't vote, let alone for Labour, when the best we can do is a cartoon chameleon that doesn't say anything.

There is a website - davethechameleon.com - but it's probably worth noting that visiting this site will add to the hit counter of a bloody awful campaign.

Not in my name.

xD.

 

Links to this post:

 


Click here for my Blogger profile


Use OpenOffice.org

Ubuntu - linux for human beings

Firefox 2

Add to Technorati Favorites

Locations of visitors to this page

Powered by Blogger

Click here to find out why.

  • Atom RSS Feed
 

recent posts

 

friends' blogs

 

political blogs

 

blogs i like

 

photography blogs

 

links

 

political tools

 

archives

 

sadly gone