In the beginning...

Welcome, one and all, to my blog.

I've been meaning to start a blog for a while and now I've finally decided to do it. I am very much aware, as I come up to leaving LSE, that I may lose contact with a lot of people I'd really rather not and that I do not talk nearly as often as I'd like to many others. I have a few ideas about what I'm going to post here - mostly random ideas that buzz around my head from time to time - but I hope that, at least from time to time, people will look in and say hello.

This is not, for a lot of reasons, the best time to start a blog. I should be busy writing essays and preparing for exams rather than giving myself another way of spending my time. Nevertheless, I think this outlet might be useful and, you never know, even interesting. Three in the morning, a time I know rather too well, is never my most productive in academic terms, so this will be a lot more productive and will do me some good.

As well as the rantings of a soggy lefty, I'm probably going to put up some of my pictures - photography is becoming a bit of a hobby - and, what for lack of a better term, might be called creative writing. Based on my therapy notes from a little while back, I think there might be something interesting in there. Ideally, I'd like to turn it into a book. Anyway, more on that later.

While there are things I want to talk about, I'll save them for another time. For the time being, I'll give you the story of unoriginalname38, the screenname I almost always go by. Many years ago, when I was in high school, I was trying to set up an email address - hotmail, as I recall - and, being the pretentious overachiever I was, wanted to have a name without any numbers: an original name. Needless to say, lots of variations didn't turn up anything and I ended up going for a ha ha funny name, and thus was unoriginalname38 born.

I will start posting more interesting things soon. For now though, Dear Reader, I shall bid you farewell.

 

Links to this post:

 


Click here for my Blogger profile


Use OpenOffice.org

Ubuntu - linux for human beings

Firefox 2

Add to Technorati Favorites

Locations of visitors to this page

Powered by Blogger

Click here to find out why.

  • Atom RSS Feed
 

recent posts

 

friends' blogs

 

political blogs

 

blogs i like

 

photography blogs

 

links

 

political tools

 

archives

 

sadly gone