Amicus' newest member

Well, Amicus' membership has just risen by one. I'm a degenerate Labour person, so it's probably not a surprise, but if it shows, in some small way, a desire for better working practices, it's probably worth the subs. While I'm sure that I'll never have cause to use them, the advice and protection that unions offer is definitely worth the subs.

One of my schoolbooks had a copy of a membership certificate of the Amalgamated Society of Engineers, Machinists, Millwrights, Smiths and Pattern Makers. That union would, in a rather convoluted manner, go on to make Amicus. While Amicus is a rather easier name that ASEMMSPM (and at the risk of making an idiot of myself because there's a greater significance that the one I assign), the latter did have a good slogan:

"Be United and Industrious".

xD.

 

Links to this post:

 


Click here for my Blogger profile


Use OpenOffice.org

Ubuntu - linux for human beings

Firefox 2

Add to Technorati Favorites

Locations of visitors to this page

Powered by Blogger

Click here to find out why.

  • Atom RSS Feed
 

recent posts

 

friends' blogs

 

political blogs

 

blogs i like

 

photography blogs

 

links

 

political tools

 

archives

 

sadly gone